How’s the shots?

First shot – fried lou shu fan.

2nd – Mantis prawn with cereals. Yummy. . . 3rd – Abalone with brocolli
4th – Lanterns …
Any comment on these few shots?

Nice shots. You bought a new camera?
    BTW, did you see my post on the claypot chicken rice?

2. CK Lam says:

Your photos sure looks different…new technic or new camera?

3. Allie says:

Little Inbox,

Just read your post as I was away fr Msia from 4th Sept – 9th Sept. Still struggling to catch up everything. Hehe

The claypot chicken rice looks so yummy… :-)

4. Allie says:

Little Inbox & CK,

Hehe… I’ve just bought my first DSLR Nikon D60. :-)

5. JeromeFo ??? says:

I miss fried lou shu fan alot ><

6. Allie says:

JefomeFo,
    Maybe you can try to fried it yourself? Hehe

7. tigerfish says:

We call it Mee Tai Mak in my family! Love the wok-fried and soup version of it.

Thanks for dropping by my blog.

8. Easy King says:

good shots!
    me too juz bought Canon EOS 450D.
    now still under Tzu Chi photography beginner class, since Aug’08.

9. Allie says:

Tigerfish,
    oo.. I understand that Hokkien ppl called it Bee Tai Bak rite?

Easy King,
    Share pics with me la… Let’s share our experience.

After you attend class, you can teach me d la. Hehe

10. Criz Lai says:

Well.. all shots look good especially the prawn.. haha. Do you intend to get all the shots in portrait format? I think you should add in some landscape format as well to balance things off.

I’m not an expert but I have always based my shots on the main object. What is the main object in a photo? Eg the cereal mantis prawns… I can’t really see the prawns except a big lump of cereals. Sometimes, we need to use the fork to get rid of the excess to make the object(s) stands out more. This is just my opinion.

11. Allie says:

Criz Lai,
    Hmm… actually I took many shots.. some in landscape too. I just post a few which I think it’s nice. Hehe…

Thanks for the valuable advise. Will follow your advise next time I snap pics.

12. ian-ization says:

nice pix =)

the 1st pic looks obviously taken by DSLR. :)
    clear shot and clean. the lantern shot very clear, and the colours are nice.
    Nikon D60, is it easy to use?
    I’m still thinking of buying myself a digicam, instead of relying on my camphone for food shots.

14. Allie says:

ian-ization,
    Thanks for visiting!

j2kfm,
    You are using camphone for your food shots? Wow! You always post nice pics…

The lanterns – i find it hard to snap a pic as outside is windy.
    Nikon D60, i’m still exploring the functions…