Ghee Seng Tomyam Seafood @ Weld Quay | Penang Food

This place is a good choice when you are in a hurry. They serve the food fast and it’s cheap too.

The food was served within 5 mins after we placed our order. Isn’t that as fast as lightning?

We ordered tom yam fish fillet. So red in colour.

There are small pieces of fish and lots of chillies in the soup.
I don’t know what fish they use but it’s good. The meat is tender yet not too soft. But the amount is very little. Anyway, it’s just 2 of us.Stirred fried belacan kangkung. One of my favourite dish. Although it’s a simple dish, but it taste good.
This is recommended by the onwer, Chicken in basil leaves. The basil leave aroma is very light. Bird eye chili is used in this dish. Taste good too.
See the chillies in the tom yam soup. Makes you sweating man…

This restaurant is owned by a Siamese. It’s quite a unique restaurant as you can find biscuits and tibbits here.
If you were coming from Bayan Lepas by Jelutong Highway, turn right after you pass thru a traffic light. This restaurant is located on your right hand side.

This dinner only cost RM 17.00. Isn’t that cheap?

1. CRIZ LAI says:

By the way, the name is Ghee Seng. :P The food is nice there and err.. quite cheap depending on what you order. The fastest and cheapest is still Tree Shade Restaurant down the road. Recommended Pai Kut Ong and Black Pepper Butter Prawns.

2. durianberry says:

Good price! But the tomyam looks more like curry :P

3. Penang Tua Pui says:

yumyum…. wanna go makan tomyam liao… hee heee

4. Allie says:

Criz,
    Thanks for the correction!

It’s a cheap place for a normal dinner.

durianberry,
    The tomyam taste tomyam… Hehe.. NO doubt.

penang tua pui,
    It’s a cheap place for Thai food.

5. Allie says:

550ml jar of faith,
    Ya. The Tree Shade Restaurant is indeed a great place to dine in. But for me, I’ll go to the Tree Shade for curry and Ghee Seng for tomyam. :-)

I like the clear tomyam, with plenty of spices and garlic too. Looks mild but has the punch in it…haha. The photo can be seen in my earlier post.

7. Christy says:

Wow..really really cheap ler!!!:)
    Hmmm…seems like floggers are heading to Weld Quay these days;)

8. [...] ops should be my body. Hehe! The first thing that pop up from my mind is the TOMYAM Thai Food at Ghee Seng Tomyam Seafood near weld Quay, but as usual he had another better option, bak kut teh, and I buy that option [...]

9. Cherly says:

I had been there before.
    But very disappointed me was the service, pretty damm service.
    We came first but the food serv the last.
    We are waiting for 2 hrs but our food not yet being serv.
    i had noticed the the those last came customers being serv but we r not!
    We had asked so many times to the waiters but they said coming soon, wow… soming soon means that 2 hrs also not yet ready.
    They just leave us there like begger.
    Our table got 8 ppls, we r not affort to pay them?
    Some more, after ask them a few times, they show us their faces like “if u wanna eat,just wait, or else u can leave any times, u r not the only customer.
    pls …. we had wait for 2 hrs, what can we do?
    the tomyam paste import all ways long form Thailand? So, we had to wait for delivered?
    After 2 hrs of waiting, the food also not yet being serv. so good biz like that? o the only tomyam in Penang?
    i am quite curious, y u post to here n recommended to others?
    its our Penang’s shame!

Cherly,
    It’s sad to read of what you’ve encountered. I’ve actually visited this shop for a few times and I had never encounter such bad experience as what you had. Any second chance for this restaurant ?

11. Cherly says:

Sorry, Allie. I dun think i will give them 2nd chance.
    Since that time onward, me get serious gastric.
    Me just wanna said out just to remind those people who really hungry, better dun go there!!!
    Not worth at all!
    Penang got a lot of delicious n tasty food.
    All of my frens had decided not to attend to this restuarant anymore.
    When we judge to a restuarant, its not only the taste of food , we also need to consider about the service, am i right?

Cherly,
    I agree with you that when we judge a restaurant, we need to consider the service too. It’s just too bad that you had such a bad experience with that restaurant.

13. [...] what my friend HP told me when we talked about this restaurant. The serving time is comparable to Ghee Seng Tomyam Seafood which is located at the same area [...]