Shihlin Taiwan Street Snacks @ Queensbay Mall | Penang Restaurant

Shihlin had been here for quite sometime and I’ve yet to try out their food. Although many floggers have post a review on this, but I would like to write out my thinking too. :-)

Shihlin Taiwan Street Snacks Shop

This shop is renowned for its XXL crispy chicken and also oyster mee sua. So, I’ve ordered both. The XXL crispy chicken set come with a soya bean drink or mineral water. I choose soya bean drink. It’s the V-soy brand soya bean drink which you can easily get it at any supermarket.

V-Soy Soya Bean Drink

XXL crispy chicken set. It come with rice and tofu topped with bits of century egg. The chicken is tasty with tender meat and some chili powder on top of the chicken. The tofu is served cold topped with some oyster sauce and century egg. The rice is topped with some oyster sauce too which make it too salty to my tastebud.

XXL Crispy Chicken Set

The presentation of the oyster mee sua is very nice. The ingredients are separated and put nicely on top of the mee sua. They are shredded chicken, some vege (dunno what’s the name – someone help? ), chili and oyster. The oyster tasted slightly oyster-ish… hehe… dunno what word shall I use for that smell. So, I feel that the oyster is not fresh enough. Overall the mee sua taste good except the oyster part. The mee sua tasted slightly spicy and sour.

Oyster Mee Sua
We plan to try out the crispy floss egg crepe but we were too full after the 2 meals.

In KL there are a similar style of that fried chicken. It is very famous especially in SS2 Pasar Malam. It is called Uncle Bob fried chicken. Taste also same.

Checkout Uncle Bobs fried chicken at http://www.unclebob.com.my

We always pass by Shihlin in Queensbay Mall but never go and try…maybe the size is too small for us to squeeze in :P

3. gill gill says:

eh, how come email2me put the same comment in your blog as same as allenooi blog? haha

anyway, the vege call “Coriander”. and the oyster really Sxxks…not fresh at all. and i pretty agree with Ken, the Unclebob in PG pasar malam is good previously, but now also a little bit jilat….sigh

4. Food Promotions says:

The food is nice. First tried it 1U KL. Glad that now we have it at Gurney and QMB.

5. Yong says:

you should try UncleBOB fried Chicken@ JUSCO Queensbay mall. its opening soon.

Yong,
    When is the exact opening date? I’ll sure go and try it out. Thanks for the info!