Tom Yam Noodle @ Lip Sin | Penang Hawker Food

Lip Sin is very famous with the Super Tanker Foodcourt. But I do not like to eat at Super Tanker Foodcourt, cos I just don’t like the food there. Sometimes I was forced to lunch there as my colleagues wanted to go.

My bf created a nick for Super Tanker just for me. Super Tanker = Super Boring. No offence as it’s just me who don’t like the food there.

There one stall just by the roadside a little further away from Super Tanker (to Sunshine Lip Sin direction) selling thumbs up tomyam noodle.
Lip Sin Tom Yam Noodle Stall

See my bowl of red hot tomyam… The tomyam tasted spicy and sour. Good to have it on rainy days as it’ll warm you up. I like the minced meat which served in the tomyam. It’s marinated with the right flavour.

Lip Sin Tom Yam Noodle 1Lip Sin Tom Yam Noodle 2Koay teow teng is an alternate choice if you don’t take spicy food. The soup is sweet but it is a bit oily. It’s served with some fishball. This bowl has extra fishball added.

To my preference, Armenian Street Koay Teow Teng is more to my tastebud as the soup base is clear and sweet.

Lip Sin Koay Teow Teng 1Lip Sin Koay Teow Teng 2 Map for those who are not familiar:

Click here for larger map

*Give you five* on your first paragraph! :)

When I think of tom yam noodle, I’ll go to Lai Hoe, the stall in the wet market near Sunshine.

3. Penang Tua Pui says:

oooo…. nice finding… now become more and more pro in term food hunting…

i can call u as “Food Hunt Queen”….

4. iris says:

Gosh, love tom yum! It sure looks really good! Thanks for the guide! I am so gonna try it

5. Food Paradise says:

we use to go super tanker few years back but now we rarely went there. lol

yeah. last time when we studied in USM, nearly every night ate in either super tanker or Pekaka.

repulsive. =P

but after a while, kinda miss the food there. the Apom with fillings not bad. belacan fried chicken also.

7. Allie says:

Cariso,
    5!

Little Inbox,
    The Lai Hoe one is too spicy for me. It’s too spicy that I can’t taste other flavour.

8. Allie says:

Food Paradise,
    Do you miss the food there?

J2Kfm,
    Yeah, for me only the Apom and belacan fried rice is nice. :-p

9. Ban Wah says:

Since I’m a penangite , I will share some info here and there xD

I like the tomyam at Lai Hoe , Sunshine square market. Add fish to taste better =)

Super tanker’s curry fish head is very good xD

Lip Sin….i remembered stayed there when i first came to Penang, I remembered there was a ncie chicken rice stall in the afternoon….nice Tom Yam, anyway!

11. Duckie says:

i love tom yam and somehow never get bored eating them!!!

12. Allie says:

Ban Wah,
    Thanks for visiting and the info!

But the one at Lai Hoe is much too spicy for me that it cover up other taste.

Simple Girl,
    A bowl of tomyam in rainy days.. .just to warm you up.

Duckie,
    Give me 5! Me 2.

13. Big Boys Oven says:

hahaaha I have been to super boring, it is very boring and very true lol!

14. Mr.H'ng says:

Thanks for those who took this few photo!I would like to invite u who take this photos to my stall to have a free Tom Yam dinner as thanksful for this advertising!Feel free to contact me,012-4129395!Thanks!

From:Lip Sin Road side Tom Yam Mee stall owner,Mr.H’ng(Ah Keong)

Mr. H’ng,
    Thanks for visiting my blog :) Your tom yam and koay teow teng tasted good, so I share it with my readers :)
    In fact, I am a regular customer for your tom yam.. almost once every week. But this week I’m kinda tied up. Will visit you probably next week.