Self Made Wan Tan Mee @ Thong Kee ; Penang Hawker Food

I got attracted by a board which stated ‘Whole Egg Wan Tan Mee‘ while we are on our way to eat the Campbell Street Market Curry Mee.

Nowadays most of the noodle for wan tan mee are bought from the noodle manufacturer. It’s seldom that we can get the self made noodle for wan tan mee. Therefore, weeks later I am here again to try out the self made wan tan mee.

Thong Kee wan tan mee is served in an old style coffee shop.

My bowl of whole egg wan tan mee which cost RM 2.50. The portion is quite big. There are a few slices of char siew, fried wan tan and normal cooked wan tan. The wan tan is quite big and tasty.

Thong Kee Wan Tan Mee 1

The wantan mee is fragrant and the lard added more fragrant to it.

Thong Kee Wan Tan Mee 2

The noodle itself has crunchy feeling if compare to the normal wan tan mee like the one at Chulia Street and Kafe Kheng Pin.

Thong Kee Wan Tan Mee 3

According to the stall owner, he owns the ingredients to make the noodle. He mix the ingredients, uses his own mixer and noodle making machine to process his self made, whole egg noodle.

It’s very easy to locate this coffee shop. Look for this green Boon Wah building. Thong Kee Wan Tan Mee is just located a few shops away from this building.

Map for those who are not familiar:

View here for larger map.

1. pigpigscorner says:

wow, looks really delicious!

2. New Kid on the Blog says:

hmmmm… i thought I saw this shop last week when I drove passed that area. :)

thanks for sharing!

3. Food Paradise says:

wow…. my gal loves wantan mee, will bring her there and try it out. lol Thanks for sharing!

4. Duckie says:

never realised there’s wan tan mee there!!!

5. vkeong says:

I see you tried my suggestion :P Nice photos esp those taken indoors, makes me feel like eating wan tan mee now. Here very hard to find good ones unless in KL, sigh

Looks good …. must go try oledi when I go back during CNY

7. Allie says:

pigpigscorner,
    Thanks for dropping by. The noodle taste good!

NKOB,
    The board is indeed very eye catching.

8. Allie says:

Food Paradise,
    Hope your gal like it. :)

Duckie,
    Now you know it :)

9. Allie says:

vkeong,
    Thanks for the suggestion. I always wanted to improve more :)
    Any more suggestion? hehe..

550ml jar of faith,
    Maria? Mm… I wanna go try it out too.

10. Allie says:

email2me,
    Hope he open during CNY. :)

I went there last week. The mee is QQ and nice, better than most other stalls but I find the char siew and wantan just normal only.

12. Easy King says:

y takes u so long to publish this post? i cant until weekend to try it liao…

CK : you can just order mee kosong and we import our own SIU YOKE from 7 tiao lor …. then the whole mee will be perfect. I did that a lot !!

14. Allie says:

CK,
    I kinda like the wantan. The size is slighty bigger than those we normally get outside.

Easy,
    Sorry for keep you waiting. Didn’t know you are waiting for this. Hope you like the wan tan mee.

15. Allie says:

email2me,
    what a GREAT suggestion you’ve got there! Can add siu yuk and char siew together ler.. WAh.. so sinful.. but don’t care la… haha…

16. Penang Tua Pui says:

great shot and great foood too…

17. food-cookies says:

Only RM2.50? The price is definitely very cheap eh~! Generous portion some more…isk isk..I wish can get this price in KL

18. Kevin says:

Hi Allie, wondering whether you know what the opening hours are for this place. Thanks =)

19. Allie says:

kevin,
    I am not really sure of the operation hours but I went there around 11++ and it’s still selling. I will try to find out the operating hours when I revisit there.

20. Kevin says:

Thanks Allie. I’m from Singapore actually but I’ve been visiting Penang for FOOD the past year (3 times and counting). Going again this end Feb. Will just go to Thong Kee in the morning then =) Thanks again!

21. [...] Egg Wan Tan Mee. The noodle itself is less curly and thinner if compare to the Thong Kee All Egg Wan Tan Mee. The noodle texture is smooth and [...]

22. [...] still prefer Thong Kee Wan Tan Mee which available from morning till noon or Chulia Street for night [...]

23. [...] of char siew, slices of meat, some vege and 2 wantan. The noodle is slightly thinner if compare to Thong Kee self made wan tan mee. The texture of the noodle is QQ and quite similar to the one at Sri Nibong Cafe,  but less dark [...]

Adeline,
    Thanks a lot for the info! :) Is the new Thong Kee at Pulau Tikus tasted good? Must go try out one day.. hehe