Harry B1 Korean BBQ Restaurant @ Juru, Auto City | Penang Restaurant

It’s been a long holiday and I just back to Penang 2 days ago. I spent this holiday at my hometown where no internet access is available in my house. That’s the reason why I left my blog untouched. But I guess not many people read blogs during CNY. Mm… that’s a good reason for me to be lazy. No la… not lazy la… relax myself ma…

Let me bring you to Auto City for dinner this time. We went to Harry B1, a Korean Charcoal BBQ Restaurant. This restaurant is located next to Sakae Tepanyaki where I got my birthday treat from my aunt.

Harry B1 RestaurantThe entrance of the restaurant is decorated with big pieces of glass which allows you to enjoy the view outside while you are BBQueing your food.

The inside of the restaurant is arranged with wooden tables and chairs. There are individual fume extractor on top of each tables. This is to ensure you don’t smell like a grilled meat when you walk out from this restaurant. :p

Harry B1 Restaurant InteriorWe were first served with Banchan; small plates of Kimchi, pickled vegetables and other side dishes. I am not a fan of Kimchi though. But there’s one dish which I like. The one sitting at bottom left; it’s some fish cake.

Banchan

The steam egg arrived shortly after the Banchan was served. This was not in my order list, I think it’s compliment. The egg was slightly over cooked but taste wise was pretty good. The egg was not as smooth as the one I had in Tsuruya.

Steam Egg We ordered Marinated Pork Ribs. The minimum of the order is 2 sets, the portion was quite small actually. Wish it would be a bigger portion.

Nicely BBQ meat grilled by my cousin sisters. The meat tasted slightly sweet and very fragrant. The meat was tender.

BBQ Meat 1 The charcoal used are kinda special. There’s a hole in the centre of each hexagon shaped charcoal.

Charcoal Grilled meat wrapped with fresh lettuce and make a bite sized sandwich.

Kimchi Pancake was too oily for my tastebud. The batter used are like the one in fried oyster (oh chien). It’s mixed with chopped kimchi and fried. The pancake tasted averagly sour and spicy.

Kimchi Pancake Deep Fried Pork was ordered by my younger cousin brother. Kids like fried food huh. The fried pork was too dry and tasteless.

Deep Fried Pork Set A bowl of soup and BBQ sauce came together with the Deep Fried Pork set. The soup was too salty for me while the BBQ sauce did not go well with the fried pork.

Deep Fried Pork Set Soup Soybean Paste Stew tasted like miso soup to me but there was a hint of spicy taste in it. Enoki mushroom, potato and clams are used to cook the soup. I feel that this dish is slightly over priced as the ingrdients used are normal.

Soybean Paste Stew More pictures:

Map:

View here for larger map.

1. JustinKC says:

Seems like very nice la the japanese food . Nyum nyum….. so hungry now

2. vkeong says:

Yeah, not many ppl (including me) read blogs during CNY and Christmas period.. so I don’t really bother to update lolz.

This Korean BBQ is quite special.. different from what I had in Sri Hartamas ler.. yours use charcoal but mine used grilling instead

I pass by this shop a few times when I was in Juru for dinner but never step my foot in it yet. The meat looks expensive to me.

When you got chance come to KL, you should try DAORAE. Theirs is much much better than Harry’s.

Allie, price leh??? * I BEG U* I wanna know how expensive it is :)

5. The Malaysian Explorer says:

nice food. ambiance of the place looks just right. thanks for sharing.

Visit Malaysia Facts
    for quick facts and interesting information about Malaysia.

Visit About

ME Page for quick facts and interesting information about The

Malaysian Explorer.

Visit Penang

Page for quick facts and interesting information about Penang.

6. Steven Goh says:

who said not much people read blog during CNY, I dropped by but see no update in your blog so didn’t leave extra comments dee. Btw, how’s trip back to ur hometown? I just wanted to blog about BBQ only, but you are one step ahead :) I will wait for yours next post first only I up that new post.

7. Allie says:

JustinKC,
    It’s Korean food actually. :p

Vkeong,
    yalor.. CNY ma.. ppl busy with gatherings, makan and travel.

yours use what for grilling? eletric izit?

8. Allie says:

email2me,
    DAORAE? okok.. will take note in my makan list. Cheers!

Cariso,
    Price around RM150. Damaging?

9. Allie says:

Malaysian Explorer,
    Welcome to my blog and thanks for dropping by!

Steven,
    Trip back to hometown was great! Have gathering with friends.
    Awaiting for your BBQ post, wandering which resturant you gonna blog about. I will try my best to come up with my next post soon. In progress d. hehe

10. pigpigscorner says:

Wow, the bbq meat looks nicely marinated and juicy!

11. New Kid on the Blog says:

I blogged about this place before… and it was my 1st experience on korean food, then I realize I didn’t quite like it and second thing is… very expensive.

12. Food Paradise says:

Huh…. from the name I thought it’s western foods. But after reading your blog then I realise that it’s korean foods. lol Thanks for sharing!

13. [...] Some fresh lettuce and garlic which you can eat together with the BBQ meat. Daorae serves a generous portion of lettuce comparing to the Korean BBQ restaurant at Auto City (Harry B1). [...]

14. J Teo says:

i tried it before … the environment is comfortable and clean ..
    food is tasty n service is warmt and good .. however , the ingredient look cheaper like chicken , pork , seafood , vege …
    it is really expensive… , with same expenses amount i am sure we will have a nice treat in chinese restaurant ….

Teo,
    I guess for the price that we pay, it also includes the environment, service and also the food.