Penang Hill Laksa ; Penang Hawker Food

My food hunt continued to laksa after we ate the sister curry mee near Air Itam market. This stall is located by the road side on the way to Penang Hill.

Penang Hill Laksa Stall

The laksa tasted more to sweet side to me which is similar to the one at opposite Peng Hwa school. I like to add in some bird chili into my laksa to increase the level of spiciness.

Penang Hill Laksa 1

Penang Hill Laksa 2

There’s a motorbike selling muar chee nearby the laksa stall. The muar chee was soft and the grounded peanuts was very fragrant.

Muar Chee

Muar Chee Stall

Click here for map

I have not tried this one before….must give a try when I visit Penang! Anyway, Penang Laksa is the best, still ya! Nice sharing and photos!

2. Did not try the foods along the road side but try the foods inside the food court. lol

3. lingzie says:

the muar chee looks really good! suddenly got craving for it now… cos havent eaten muar chee in a while!

now i know a new place to go for muar chee & laksa! ~happy!~ :)

4. Robo says:

This laksa stall was my all time favorite! But too bad it haven’t start business during CNY while I’m in Penang. How’s the taste now? Still maintain the standard?
    I managed to took Muar-Chee! It’s still good as the old days! :)
    Thanks.

Simple Girl,
    Hope you’ll like it :)

Food Paradise,
    How’s the food inside the food court?

Lingzie,
    The muar chee don’t only looks good, it taste good too. Hehe.. :)

Robo,
    Thanks for visiting! Too bad that they didn’t open for business during CNY huh. Else, I bet the business will be great!
    Yeap! The laksa is still maintaining its standard :)
    Seems like the muar chee has been there for quite sometimes huh? I just realised it during my last visit *paiseh*

9. the laksa is the all time known for great taste, every time my sister came back from sarawak sure drop by for a bowl or two. Makes me wanna go there to makan now.

10. the laksa looks tempting.

11. vkeong says:

poor mua chi moto bike looks so lonely :(

Steven,
    So finally did you go there for the laksa? :)

Vkeong,
    The muar chee motor bike is not lonely actually… The laksa stall is his companion … :D

14. jo says:

I love assam laksa and don’t often find it here in Singapore. However from travel books I heard that the one near Kek Lok Si temple is good – any truth in that?

Jo,
    Yeap. The one near Kek Lok Si temple is famous, but it’s not to my tastebud. I’ll try to cover that soon, so stay tune :P

16. [...] The laksa soup was pretty clear with just the right level of sweet, sour and spiciness. The are bits of fish in the soup. It’s actually comparable to the Penang Hill Laksa. [...]

17. [...] Ended up, one bowl for each of us. 2 big slices of fish served on top of the laksa which is rarely to be found in any laksa stall nowadays. The soup base has less bits and small pieces of fish compare to Penang Hill Laksa.  [...]