Curry Mee & Koay Teow Teng @ Jln Samak ; Penang Hawker Food

Weekend is always a food hunt day. Our food hunt continue after Ah Leng Char Koay Teow. This stall just located very near to the ckt stall. It’s located opposite the Esso petrol station, just beside a Chinese temple.

This stall has been in operation since 1980. Normal business hour is from 7.30am – 10.30am. But once in a while you can be lucky just like us, who get to eat at 12pm. :)

The curry mee soup base look so white when the chili is not being mixed into it. But it’s very fragrant with just the adequate amount of coconut juice.

The chili was not as spicy as Sister Curry Mee at Air Itam.

Koay teow teng (ktt) soup base was very sweet. It was cooked with lots of chicken bone.

Comparing to Armenian Street Koay Teow Teng, this soup base tasted more thick in the sweetness. The sweetness is not those from seasoning or flavouring. Armenian Street ktt soup base is more clear.

This stall closed on 1st and 15th day of lunar calendar every month.

Click here for map.

1. PenangTuaPui says:

did u know i am curry me lover a… your curry me shot make me drool la…

so bad one…. never ask to join the makan trip… :(

2. denise says:

The curry mee looks so so so good! The photos made me drool.

3. The ktt sounds really good! I normally don’t order ktt as I find some places too clear and bland.

Penang Tua Pui,
    You are a curry mee lover? Haha… okok, next time will ask you to join my curry mee makan trip :)

Denise,
    Thanks for visiting! STay tune for more photos to make you drool more. :D

pigpigscorner,
    The soup base of this ktt is really worth mentioning. :)

7. the KTT looks good to me….

8. gill gill says:

Armenian street KTT? is Jalan Majid Kapitan Keling, previous known as Pitt Street. :) and call Pitt Street KTT

Allie: Hi gill gill, Thanks for pointing out this, the shop is located in the junction between Lebuh Armenian and Jalan Majid Kapitan Keling and my fren used to call it as Armenian street KTT.

But I know they had move to few shop away from the one we had it before. But I have yet to have time to pay them a visit. Thanks,

9. Wah long time didn’t visit these stalls dee. I was there 5 years back. Every time I visit your blog sure will let me think of my sweet old memories. Anyway, thanks for sharing I will drop by tomorrow for the curry mee there.

10. aiyo….. never try this stall before. Now i know a place i can had curry mee and my gal can have ktt liao. Thanks for sharing!

Steven,
    Did you go and have the curry mee?

12. Seng says:

Should try Kuantan Road curry mee….quite good

Seng,
    Thanks for visiting and for the info too! I’ll definitely try it out soon!

14. David says:

Allie,

Do you try the ‘dry’ koay teow with the sambal or the curry or the KTT with the curry?
    May be this is another option for you on next visit. : )

David,
    Dry koay teow with sambal? Sounds good man! Sure will try it out one day. :) Thanks for recommending.

16. [...] thinking to go over to try out the Pitt Street ktt but I pointed out that I prefer the one at Jalan Samak [...]

17. [...] I am so into koay teow teng. My favourite would be the one at Pulau Tikus Market and at Jalan Samak. Both soup base tasted [...]

18. [...] soup base is packed with pork taste comparing to Jalan Samak ktt which the soup base has more chicken flavour. The yau char kwai dipped into the soup is something [...]

19. yusann says: