Ho Chiak Lok Lok ; Penang Hawker Food

Recently I’m so tied up with my work as there are so many issues popped up. It’s like a chain effect.. more and more items are affected. I’m so stress up that I don’t have the time and mood to blog. The issues and the people that I deal with is making my life so miserable. Pressure just build up… and I keep on stuffing myself with chocolate to relief myself. Aiyo… must stop eating those chocolates d, else will become tua pui poh (fatty lady) lor…

As usual, we are heading to one of our usual place for dinner as it’s near my house and there’s a wide variety of hawker food available. But the one thing that I dislike about this place is the poor air ventilation. Most of the smoke from cooking get trapped resulting a hot area. And the smoke will also stick to our clothes and hair, make us smelly.

After I had koay teow teng for dinner … wait.. koay teow teng again? My last 2 posts were about koay teow teng too, it’s ktt craze week! After the koay teow teng, I spotted this lok lok stall at the end of the stalls. Although I’m already feeling full, but I just feel like want to stuff myself with food to release those pressure!

The moment we were seated, I got attracted by the types of sauces available.

There are 6 types of them and they are neaty arranged on a clean round table. For me, sauce is very important in lok lok as the ingredients are basically pretty standard anyway.

Sambal with dried shrimp sauce. It tasted pretty sweet but it’s fragrant. They preserved the whole dried shrimp instead of chopped it finely.

This sauce tasted gingerly and garlicky. It’s not spicy.

My favourite sauce – sweet sauce. :P I always like to have sweet sauce to go with  my lok lok ingredients but not all lok lok stall will have it. This sweet sauce is pretty thick, so it’s easy to coat the lok lok ingredients with it. Some sesame were added in the sauce to have more fragrant.

This is solely ginger sauce, but weird leh.. as it tasted pretty sweet too. Must be they’ve add in some sugar to balance up the spiciness from ginger? I like this sauce too!

Chili sauce.

Satay sauce which is available in most lok lok stall. The sauce is pretty thick.

There are a wide varieties of ingredients available. All the ingredients are neatly arranged on trays.

Although the prices might be slighty higher, but I’m satisfy with the cleaniness and the sauce!

This Ho Chiak Lok Lok stall is located at Restaurant Telok Bayan, Sungai Nibong.

Click here for map.

1. like that good mah, penang tua pui and also penang tua pui poh.com very matching neh. Btw, I never been to this Ho Chiak Lok Lok at Telok Bayan, the one that I had tried is at Butterworth. I have to make a trip there to try out Telok Bayan 1. The sweet sauce looks thick and nice leh. Hungry liao…..

2. PenangTuaPui says:

wa.. lok lok lor.. not bad a……

6 source some more a?….. okok.. must go and have a trry liao…

Don’t you think the KTT at Teluk Bayan is too sweet? Too much MSG is added. Aunty may already add the MSG to one of the premix sauce, that’s what I guess.

Well, the lok lok is ok. We will take few sticks after our meal each time. I used to mix 2 types of sauce, the satay sauce, and ginger garlic chili sauce.

4. Vivian says:

Hi Allie, I never notice there is a “Ho Chiak Lok Lok” at Telok Bayan…is it a new stall? I should give a try one day =)

wow, first time seeing so many types of different sauces for lok lok. Anyway, wish you all the best for your work. I hope you’ll handling the stress with style!

6. Duckie says:

aiyoh so far!!! but i like lok lok .. so i might just drive all the way there for a try!!

Before you set up tuapuipoh.com, pls allow me some time to gain weight in order to join you. :)

Steven,
    alliefoodtalk.com so nice la.. dowan to change to penang tua pui poh.com la…
    i like the sweet sauce lor.. hard to get at Penang.

Little Inbox,
    The ktt taste so so nia.. That’s why never bother to blog about it. :p
    hehe.. maybe we eat the lok lok at the same time leh… :P

Vivian,
    It’s not a new stall. Hope you’ll like it

Simple Girl,
    Thanks. My style is to eat my favourite chocolate! hehe.. Style enough? hehe

Cariso,
    Wait for you to gain weight? Will that ever happen? hehe :P

PTP,
    you all like lok lok meh? :P

Didn’t have lok lok for a long time. Would be nice to try this one :)

15. I agree with you on that one; muz hv good sauce!
    i saw this stall has broccoli.. I like my vegs and so far not much lok lok stalls dun offer more the the customary kangkung..the one in P Tikus mkt got broc so i alws go there! heheh.. also one i tried in the Farlim wed night market..got tom yum soup and cheng thong to cook ur lok lok.. u tried?

thenomadgourmand,
    This stall offers lots of veges. I never try the one at Farlim before, but I saw one stall stating that only can have one time of sauce serving per stick. That’s quite unreasonable huh?