Tua Pui Curry Mee | Penang Hawker Food

At Tua Pui Curry Mee Stall, I was expecting a tua pui (tua pui is hokkien language which means fatty) to cook the curry mee. I looked around the stall but I can’t find any tua pui… hehe.. :P   Wonder why it’s call Tua Pui Curry Mee?

Tua Pui Curry Mee is located along the Weld Quay main road which opens from 9am – 6pm. There are a few of big umbrellas set beside the road to provide some shade for the curry mee customer. You can also opt to eat the curry mee inside the house too.There are a few small tables inside.

A regular bowl of curry mee without any extra ingredients added. This bowl is mine lor… without cockles and pig’s blood one as usual :P

The soup base is reddish in colour which is different if compare to Sister Curry Mee at Air Itam which has white soup base. Chili paste added spiciness to it but does not overpowered the fragrant of coconut juice in the soup base.

The one thing special about this curry mee is there are a few types of curry side dishes which you can choose to add into your curry mee.  We opted for curry chicken and curry fishball and requested it to be served separately.

The curry chicken tasted good with tender meat which is full of curry flavour.

Curry Chicken

Curry Prawn – see the prawn.. so big.

Curry Chicken Feet.

More side dish.

Click here for map.

1. Superman says:

My last curry mee was taken last year…. now you’re seducing me with this tasty looking curry mee….. I’m hungry already….

2. Omg those curry looks so red…should be very spicy lor? I scare spicy food as I always eat them in University. Anyways I miss chinese curry mee! T_T

3. wow…. this looks good. Saw many reviews about this place. I must try this place when I get some one to go with me. ^-^

Miss the curry mee after looking at your post…

Superman,
    Thanks for visiting :)
    Faster go get a bowl of curry mee now :)

Satisfyingtummy,
    I used to eat spicy food in university too, guess it have trained me up to take spicy food. So the curry mee is average spicy for me :P

Food Paradise,
    How about your hubby and your girl?

CK,
    faster go get a bowl now. hehe.. :P

9. We visited that place b4 but didn’t try the other additional ingredients. May be you could try the goreng pisang just opposite the road. We have taken the photos for that stall but have yet to post, that was about 2 months ago! hehehe…

After the curry mee, may be you would like cool down with the ‘or giu’ next to the curry mee. That stall is quite famous in Penang.

the curry looks fiery……with so many different of variety,,,,really spoilt for choices lei

Lots of chili oil, ah…who cares?

12. wah… so many other add on hor?

It’s all about curry from what I can see from your pics. Oh no to me…:)

14. ohh.. for me i’ll prob ask for all add-ons! then cant finish pulak !! hahhaa

15. How come the Tua Pui is not Pui 1? Like Penang Tua Pui, no Pui 1. I always pass by there and never stop by to try out, the place there a bit hard to parking leh. Btw, so many add on eh ah? Later add until cannot stop hahah…

Jason,
    Goreng pisang opposite it? o.. Thanks for the info! Will check it out and the o kio too :)

Little Inbox,
    Once in a while ok la.. hehe :p

18. Chin says:

Another satisfying Penang meal. The curry is fiery red….

19. christina says:

the curry chicken look very nice la

20. Chris.t says:

I’ve never tried Tua Pui’s Curry Mee even though I’ve passed the stall numerous time. But do you know there’s a Tua Pui’s Laksa at the Jelutong’s Shell Station? One of my favorite laksa ;)