Cambodia (Siem Reap Trip) – Day 2

We woke up at 4am local time and depart at 5am for the sunrise viewing at Angkor Wat. We bought the 3 days Angkor Ticket for USD 40 / pax. On the ticket, there’s our picture printed on it to prevent fraud I guess.

The ticket counter.

Upon arriving Angkor Wat, we were disappointed as we saw thick cloud. Anyway, we still continue shooting despite the bad weather. We waited for the sun until 8am, and it can’t be seen still. We’ve given up then and decided to go for breakfast.

No sun and no blue sky were seen. :(

The wall surrounding Angkor Wat Temple.

Our tour guide suggested that we just have our breakfast at Angkor Wat to avoid wasting time in travelling. So we just went to nearby stall for some food.

Toasted baguette with 2 sunny side up. The baguette was crispy on the outer layer and soft underneath. We’ve tasted a hard and chewy one the day before.

Pages: 1 2 3 4

1. this plpace is heaven, just6 a the same as we had left them, amazing . . . did you see people selling baby duck egg?

2. how come you went there so early? I was there at during noon and there are many children serounded me and as me to buy from them, even I refused to answer them, they shoot me back by asking if I am dumb? sigh….

3. Have you tried out “Amok”? one of their national dish. The tour guide told me if never tried that mean that you haven’t been to Cambodia before :-p

4. Duckie says:

haha … we could have bumped into one another without realizing it!!!

BBO,
    Oh yes, I did see people selling baby duck egg, but all of us do not have the courage to try it out :P

Steven,
    I tried Amok on my first day in Cambodia. Luckily I ate some ya, else later you’ll say that I haven’t been to Cambodia before. hehe :)

Alan,
    Thanks! :D

Duckie,
    Ya! We really could have bumped into each other without knowing :)

9. David Jr says:

Hi Allie,

Glad to know you made it for the Sunrise shots and sorry to hear about the clouds and late sun. Anyway, the sky looked pretty alright.

Also, it looks like you got a nice spot for the shots! Unlike mine, there were tons of people when I got there. Oh well, maybe I might make another trip there again cause I wanted to see the other temples which are much further than Bayon, Angkor and Ta Phrom.

David

food doesn’t seem to be promising…anyway….GOOD DEAL for massage ya!

The food really look so so only. USD4/hr still ok la, here the price is about RM32 for 1 hr & 45 minutes.

Fried omelette with minced meat – the shot that you took made me thinking of a piece of ‘rock’ instead of fried egg. :)

13. buzzingbee says:

lots of stones left unattended? that’s interesting!! I thought it was put there for deco..haha
    seems like a very touristy site like Bali, everything is USD!

massage liddat even cheaper than Thai’s?!
    hehe, nothing beats some major beatdown after a hard day’s out.

You really tempting me going angkor wat for photoshoot! =.=||

16. i have never been to cambodia, but i always want to visit Angkor Wat. Nice photos, thanks a million for sharing!

17. Looks like you had a lot of fun over there. :)

18. [...] Posted in: Cambodia, Cambodia Food, Travel. Tagged: Travel ← Cambodia (Siem Reap Trip) – Day 2 [...]