Cambodia (Siem Reap Trip) – Day 3

It’s a drizzling morning on our 3rd day at Siem Reap. Our tour guide brought us to a coffee shop which serve famous Cambodia food.

Upon seated, we saw a few delicacies ready served on the table. Those delicacies looks like our dim sum. At first I thought those are free. But then only I found out that it’s not.

It’s like our local fried fritters (yau char kwai).

This is one of the famous dish in Cambodia, beef noodle soup. The soup base is extremely sweet to my liking. It’s like a mug of sugar was used to cook the soup.

Cambodia curry to go with baguette. The curry doesn’t taste spicy.

This is one of the famous dish in this Cambodia restaurant; roasted duck noodle. The soup base is too sweet (from seasoning I guess) to my liking.

Seems like all the soup base noodle in Cambodia tasted more to the sweet side.

The bean sprout was served aside, so it’s a good option for those who don’t like it.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

i had the same experience during one muddy trip in rural area at Hong Kong…my fren brought me there many years back…exactly the same experience as yours…haha!!!btw, beef is their famous delicacy?!

2. very nice leh . . . . .. . . did you pray under the lucky tree in the city centre?

3. Duckie says:

we went to almost the same places!!!! and it did rained but only on our last day after we covered most of the places.

Simple Girl,
    Ya. The lok lak beef is kinda famous in the food.

BBO,
    Oh.. we were not being told of the lucky tree … :( Missed out a chance to be lucky huh :P

Duckie,
    You were so lucky that it only rained on your last day… For us it rained almost everyday :(

7. Nice photos Allie. I was told to visit in December. Anyway…. I am waiting for the suitable time to go without my gal. ^-^ Hope this dream will come true soon. :P

8. David Jr says:

Hello Allie, looks like you went on a Food quest! Pictures look great and your photography classes must have paid off.

Regards,
    David
    Malaysia Asia

9. cathy says:

Very well described. Did you taste the watercress salad and the keropok made from buffalo skin?

Cathy,
    I never try the watercress salad and the keropok made from buffalo skin. How did it taste like?

Ha! I am actually expecting to see you in the next photo after the couple -sunset and the fried cockroach, scrolling down fast and ended up, disappointed. :)

12. Haha! You repeated your “yu tiao” picture.

13. FeiMui says:

where do you found those roaches??we tried to find around but cant…we even ask our guide but he said this things mainly on phom penh…din gotta try it…pls tell me where izzit so tat next time i go there can giv it a try…hehehe…thanks ya… =D