Ah Weng Koh Famous Hainan Coffee and Roti Kahwin @ Imbi Market

I am actually salivating when I’m writing this post. I miss the taste of it, too bad I can’t get this at Penang. Ah Weng Koh Hainan Tea is a famous stall selling¬†authentic¬†Hainan Coffee and toasted bread which is located at Imbi Market.

My bf’s brother introduced this place to us during our last trip to KL.

Toasted bread with butter and kaya or known as roti kahwin. Just a simple piece of bread, but it tasted soo good! The bread texture is slightly crunchy on the outside and so soft in the inside.

A bite into the bread which is spread with home made kaya and a piece of butter, the taste is just heavenly! A taste of sweet and slightly salty butter melt in my mouth, make me can’t stop bitting on the bun.

I had this type of bun in some coffee shop in Penang, but they don’t taste as good as this one. I guess it’s due to the homemade kaya and the cold butter used. I love the generous amount of kaya spread within the bun and the butter which is just thick enough where you can feel it melt right in my mouth!

And 2 half boiled eggs to go with the toasted bread, a perfect breakfast! The way they serve the half boiled egg is very unique. It is served in a stainless steel mug with hot water inside. Meaning you have to watch the timing for your half boiled egg to get ready. Then you have to break the egg by yourself!

Pages: 1 2

the wanton mee with char siew caught my attention more…LOL…KL version of wanton is really rich and char siew looks so good….slurp slurp!!

VIPKYL Reply:

The coffee & buns are good but the service is damn BAD & the so-called waiter is very RUDE! They will scold you if they take you order for more than one time. Bad experience and no revisit. There are other good places for nice coffee. We are not ordered the drinks & foods for free. We politely ask for order, why get scolded in a fresh & perfect morning? Terrible!

yeah, one of the BEST place for breakfast in KL.
    if only it’s not THAT crowded every morning!
    and kinda funny (and scary) to see the Hainan guys running around shouting their orders like arguing.

3. Ming Na says:

Ohh… a new innovation is seen here. Wonton noodles with curry gravy makes me salivate…

4. Jason Wong says:

In November will try to make it a point to vist the place if I do not need to rush back after our trip.

Simple Girl,
    KL wantan mee normally comes with many types of add ons like chicken feet, char siew, pork ribs and etc.

J2Kfm,
    Ya. I’d love to go back there for breakfast if only it’s not that crowded, but still I’d go back for more food as they are so irresistible.

Ming Na,
    The curry wanton noodle taste good!

550ml jar of faith,
    lol. For this roti kahwin, it simple means kaya kahwin with the cold butter :P

Jason,
    Hope you’ll like the place :D

10. PenangTuaPui says:

you should call a group then go there order everything and share among you all… then u ma can try most of them lor… :P

I am eyeing on that plate of wan tan mee !

12. Duckie says:

looks good ler .. but i’m not fan of half boiled eggs though

Only been there twice…and they served good strong coffee.

Ah Hao,
    Tai Kong Pao is another name for roti kahwin :D

15. woah….looks delicious. i bet it was a wonderful meal for you !!!

16. It’s amazing how simple dish like roti with kaya and butter can taste so good… :)

17. taufulou says:

eh, a nice place for breakfast, if i do get up early will head there,since quite near my place`

18. Steven Goh says:

this one kinda like the breakfast set that served at Sungai Tiram. It looks nice leh… I want to go there to try out some day.

19. MnYfoodtalk says:

It really looks delicious..different with sg tiram’s 2 piece 2 biji, different bread and different filling.

Allie Reply:

MnYfoodtalk,
    I personally feel that this is much better than the Sg. Tiram one. Maybe I’m so used to the Sg. Tiram one, and started to get boring :P