Best Char Koay Kak in Penang!

This is one of the BEST char koay kak I’ve tasted so far! The stall is located in front SJK Union school along Burmah Road.

Although it’s just a small stall, but there are customers patronizing it non-stop.

A plate of char koay kak with 100% wok hei.

The koay kak pieces is smaller compare to the other stalls that I’ve tried before. Therefore, each and every pieces of the koay kak is very flavourful. Not forgetting the lard, it definitely brings the char koay kak to the ultimate taste!

You won’t be able to find a single pieces of white koay kak here. Every pieces is coated with flavour. The only drawback is that the char koay kak is tad oily.

Click here for map. This stall is just located next to Apong Guan stall which sells the best apong in Penang. Best char koay kak with best apong!

Business hour: 7.0opm – 10.00pm (Closed on Saturday & Sunday)

It looks good, and really full of “wok hei”. Hai…why weekend close.

Allie Reply:

Little Inbox,
    Ya, too bad that it’s closed on weekend. :(

2. NKOTB says:

you coming this weekend???? no gathering being arranged?

3. NKOTB says:

I’ve tried once… think this is better than the one off Burmah Road & Ayer Itam.

Thanks for sharing…never know even though always pass by this place when I was there in Penang.

5. Allie says:

550ml jar of faith,
    You are coming back this weekend? Oh, hope you like this one. I’ll try out the Anson Rd market one too :)

6. PenangTuaPui says:

hmm.. nice shot…

one of my list when i wan to hunt for Char Koay Kak…

This is my fav Koay Kak stall in Penang too ….. The business good till the husband and wife always gaduh when got plenty of orders … XD

Allie Reply:

email2me,
    Oh ya… When I was eating my char koay kak, I heard them gaduh too :P

8. hApPy HaPpY says:

My wife would love this one, will bring her there when
    I’m back to Penang…Have a good day.
    .-= hApPy HaPpY´s last blog ..Popular Wanton Mee @ Ming Kee, Bukit Maluri, KL =-.

Allie Reply:

Happy Happy,
    Hope you and wife will like this :)

9. Desmond says:

Good Food, few times tapao from the husband and wife and both of them was like having a quarrel there.. haha.. sweet~

10. foodbin says:

must try this stall when i am in P’ng
    .-= foodbin´s last blog ..SEK YUEN RESTORAN. =-.

i dun mind a little grease, when the taste is so heavenly.
    yeah, small bite-sized pcs are best, to absorb the flavours and the charred aroma imparted by the hot wok.

12. Vern says:

ah too bad it’s closed on weekends, pretty hard for penangites working in kl, like myself! anyway, have you tried goodall kafe’s koay kak? i like that one…opp pcghs

Allie Reply:

Vern,
    I never try goodall kafe’s koay kak before. But thanks for telling, I’ll try it out. :)

13. hmm….. I am going to try this!
    .-= FoOd PaRaDiSe´s last blog ..Restoran Aik Hoe, Lebuh Carnorvan, Penang =-.

Allie Reply:

Food Paradise,
    Hope you and your family will like it :)

14. I find it too oily for me ;)
    But the taste is definitely top notch!

15. iamthewitch says:

Wow, they definitely look oily! I guess good food is never healthy eh? Live to eat, we shall! :) Btw, care to exchange links? :)

Allie Reply:

iamthewitch,
    I totally agree with you on good food never really healthy. :p
    It’s my pleasure to exchange links with you :)

I do ta pau back home the koay kak from this stall.
    .-= ck lam´s last blog ..Penang Lor Mee between Jalan Masjid Kapitan Keling and Beach Street =-.

17. I can’t wait to go back to penang, there’s so many things yet to try!Love all the little black bits in this…yum yum
    .-= pigpigscorner´s last blog ..Waterside Inn***, Bray [Restaurant Review] =-.

18. taufulou says:

still the best ha..
    although heard alot about this uncle but never have a chance to try yet..lazy to wait with the amount of ppl waiting..

19. ew says:

hello..wondering..is it the one located right in front of ghee hiang?

Allie Reply:

ew,
    Yes. It’s in front of Ghee Hiang but not exactly opposite. Look for the bus stop and the school. Hope this info is useful to you :)

ew Reply:

thanks a lot Allie!! i been craving for it for sooo lonnnggg!! finally get to go to penang again!! but been so dissapointed when my fren told me…carrot cake uncle shitted liao…..
    .-= ew´s last blog ..2 storey terrace @ SS2 =-.

20. ew says:

i just came back from penang…uncle fried carrot cake still the best!!! miss it!!! emmm…but ar…uncle face still “black black” :P
    .-= ew´s last blog ..2 storey terrace @ SS2 =-.

21. Steve says:

Will have to try this one out – it sounds perfect!!

Thanks Allie for this and all your other great posts!