Wang Chau Jun Restaurant

Craving for something super sour? Let’s head to Wong Chau Jun restaurant for their sour and spicy fish bihun soup.

Sour and Spicy Bihun soup with Fried Fish served in a claypot to preserved the heat. This is a single serving size. Besides fried fish you can opt for fresh fish fillet or fish head.

The clear soup is similar to Thai clear tom yam which tasted so sour and spicy at the same time. The soup base bears a strong lemongrass scent.

I like the soup base. It’s very appetizing. I keep on scooping the soup until it’s dry. :P

Another popular dish in Wang Chao Jun is Steamed Fish with Sliced Hor Fun.

Silky smooth hor fun soaked in steamed fish soy sauce. Taste simply good!

The grouper fish used has smooth and succulent meat.

Honey drumstick has a high rating as well. Well marinated tender meat with crispy skin served in sweet sauce.

Some of you might find it’s slightly too sweet if you were to eat this on its own, but it’s tasted just good to me.

Click here for map.

GPS co-ordinate for Wong Chau Jun Restaurant: 05° 25.210′, E100° 19.496′

Business hours: 8.00 am – 2.30 pm (Closed every Tuesday)

Contact no. : 012-5559046 & 012-4709549

After looking at your post i suddenly craving for something sour…. :)
    .-= Little Inbox´s last blog ..Firm Bean Curd With Minced Pork and Prawns =-.

2. iamthewitch says:

Wow those hor fun really did look silky smooth! I wanna try it! :)
    .-= iamthewitch´s last blog ..Fancy a bowl of Pho? =-.

3. Hong CN says:

Tried before the sour and spicy until you sweat taste :-) Personally not my preference. In addition, the environment is very hot. Not sure whether they already improved air ventilation or not. Long time never try liao :-)
    .-= Hong CN´s last blog ..Penang – Lip Sin Garden – Char Bee Hoon =-.

4. Duckie says:

oh i loved it!!!!
    .-= Duckie´s last blog ..Tortoise Buns =-.

5. NKOTB says:

Hmmm, …. long time didn’t visit them already.
    .-= NKOTB´s last blog ..Shing Kheang Aun Restaurant ????? =-.

6. eiks!
    I nvr knew abt this place! ;p
    .-= thenomadGourmand´s last blog ..Azim’s Burger Shack, Rasta TTDI =-.

7. tracieMoo says:

I love your blog and those professionally captures of yours. Too bad I don’t stay in Penang.. But I would definitely go there some day to try all these nice food!
    .-= tracieMoo´s last blog ..On a Plate =-.

Allie Reply:

tracieMoo,
    Thanks for visiting and like my photography. :D

Steamed fish with dry hor fun has always been my order, never fail!
    .-= cariso´s last blog ..Tutti Frutti Set Lunch =-.

9. taufulou says:

ahhh, a new place that i can bring my parents go..~

10. looks like i need to lose weight for another trip to penang. i want to try the horfun!