Sweet and Crispy Deep Fried Banana Fritters

Tea time! What’s for snacks today? How does a sweet and crispy fried banana fritters (pisang goreng) sound like?

Other than fried banana fritters, they have fried popiah, fried tapioca, fried glutinous rice cake and fried sweet potato. This stall is located opposite Tua Pui Curry Mee. Another stall that selling similar snacks is located near Heng Ee School.

As seen in the picture there’s a yellow banner hung at this stall. This indicate that the food is edible for those eating vegetarian during the 9th God Emperor Festival Month.

I love their fried banana fritters as it’s so crispy and the banana itself is so sweet. The thing that I prefer this stall is I don’t smell or taste any recycle oil smell for the deep frying.

Fried banana fritters fresh from the wok. Yummy!

Deep fried popiah.

As for the fried tapioca, I prefer the one at Heng Ee School despite the oil smell. This one is less sweet and less fluffy which is not to my preference.

The business hour is from 1.30pm – 6.30pm (Closed on Sunday)

Click here for map. GPS co-ordinate: N 05°24.751′, E100°20.322′

1. hAPpy HaPpY says:

hardly see chinese goreng pisang in KL
    .-= hAPpy HaPpY´s last blog ..Pork Noodle in Penang on Day 3 @ Seng Thor Coffee Shop =-.

Glad to see you back and blogging again after your holiday.

I think we went at the same time cos mine was also taken during the vegetarian festival. Business was so good that they even open on Sunday during that festival. My photos are still in the folder lor :(
    .-= ck lam´s last blog ..David Brown’s Restaurant & Tea Terrace @ Strawberry Hill, Penang =-.

Delicious stuff, I just had myself some you tiao, fried nin gou and sweet potatoes yday. Perfect for tea time, or post-dinner nibbles. :)
    .-= J2Kfm´s last blog ..Claypot Fish & Bullfrogs @ Fook Seng, Slim River =-.

4. Bangsar-bAbE says:

Oooooo…such evil treats! It’s been a while since I had good banana fritters. =(

5. lingzie says:

this is one of my favourite stalls for goreng pisang (since the free school road stall always run out of bananas)
    have been meaning to blog abt this place for ages and photos still in my folder! lol
    glad to see you back at blogging! :)

6. ohh i love this stall!!!
    .-= thenomadGourmand´s last blog ..Bar Italia, Jalan Berangan – A total rip – off? =-.

7. these look yummy…omg, my stomach is giving out a loud gurgle now!!!

8. iamthewitch says:

Ahh you just reignited my cravings for goreng pisang! :P
    .-= iamthewitch´s last blog ..Princely Wedding Fair 2010 =-.

I prefer the tapioca that stack together with our LIN KOU. That one really tasty!
    .-= email2me´s last blog ..Carven Ong Celebrating 18th Anniversary and Showcase Of Spring/Summer 2010 Collection =-.