Fried Fish Bihun Soup – Allie’s Favourite

This stall has always been my favorite stall for bihun soup with fried fish. Few months ago, the coffee shop that this stall located in was going through a renovation. Been hunting for other stalls which sell bihun soup with fried fish, but
somehow I am still not able to find a stall with crispy and succulent fried fish comparable to this stall. :(

Glad that this coffee shop is done with renovation now and is name with Yummy Cottage. I can savor my bowl of fried fish bihun now!

My bf ordered this for me. He forgot to add in the minced meat. :(

So just left plain bihun soup and fried fish. Hmm… soup base has a hint of ginger scent in it. I always like my bihun soup base with ginger scent in it. Somehow it’s like able to add some omph into it. This is just my personal preference ya ;)

The fried fish remains as good as it is! Fish is fresh with crispy skin.

Normally 3 pieces of fried fish will be served. Next time will ask how much will it cost if I would like to add extra fried fish to my bowl of bihun soup.

I just can’t get enough of it. Love to dip the fried fish into the soup for a while before biting it. This will create a juicy feeling to the fish.

It’s very easy to locate this coffee shop as it’s located opposite Red Rock Hotel. Or click here for map.

Business hour: 7.30am – 1.30pm (Closed on Tuesday)

1. wah this gonna be my favourite too! yum yum!
    .-= Big Boys Oven´s last blog ..Morning Breakfast at Cafeteria and Hotel Eng Loh Penang =-.

2. Duckie says:

wow looks good!!!
    .-= Duckie´s last blog ..Soup + Bread = Soup in Bread = Express Soup =-.

Is it in the Cottage Cafe?
    .-= Little Inbox´s last blog ..Mango Yogurt Cake (Baked in Rice Cooker) =-.

4. lingzie says:

ooo i LOVE this stall! the fried fish is very very good! and best of all? no bones! :P

but if you order extra fried fish, i think its rm1 per piece. (i almost always order extra fish one… very greedy!!)
    .-= lingzie´s last blog ..Penang Special Samosa @ Little India =-.

5. hApPy HaPpY says:

looks like fish finger on bihun soup, must be good lah…the way you put it..
    .-= hApPy HaPpY´s last blog ..Healthy Roasted Chicken @ Kenny Rogers Roasters =-.

6. yums yums! no bones somemore! perfect!!
    .-= thenomadGourmand´s last blog ..Duck Teriyaki anyone? =-.

KL kenot get lot this kind of HU TAU BEE HOON ….. Slurp! Tasty
    .-= email2me´s last blog ..Princely Wedding Fair at Prince Hotel and Residence This 9th Jan 2010 =-.

8. foodbin says:

fried fish is always more fragrant.
    .-= foodbin´s last blog ..DELICIOUS DINNER 30. =-.

9. I like the deep fried fish too! ^-^
    .-= FoOd PaRaDiSe´s last blog ..Ho Ping @ Kampung Malabar, Penang =-.

10. food-4tots says:

Wow! Such a yummy fish bihun soup! Must bookmark this place in my next visit. ;)
    .-= food-4tots´s last blog ..Cheesy cookies =-.

11. taufulou says:

hmm, what bout the 1 at the temple at night at pulau tikus area..not good?
    .-= taufulou´s last blog ..Apom Manis @ Kuchai Lama =-.

Just visited this place yesterday. Now the service is faster as they have hired two extra helper.
    .-= ck lam´s last blog ..Nasi Kandar Line Clear on Penang Road =-.