Raja Uda Famous Curry Mee

If someone ask you, ‘Would you like to have a full course curry meal? ‘ , what would come across your mind? When my uncle asked me that when I first arrived at Penang, I was imagining an Indian cuisine. To my very surprise, it’s actually hawker food which serve curry mee with a wide variety of curry side dishes.

This curry mee stall is located at Raja Uda, Butterworth which only operates at dinner time. This stall is always flooded with customers during my visits.

Upon arriving, the more than 10 curry dishes definitely caught my attention. The fragrant of the curry spices immediately attack my nostril. Being a tam chiak (person who loves to eat) girl, if can I want to order all those curry dishes be it curry chicken, curry squid, curry prawn, curry clams, curry string ray, etc! Let’s forget about the cholesterol for the time being :P

Raja Uda Famous Curry Mee 9

Are you salivating now? :P Few types of curry dishes which I got to shoot the pictures on. This is actually pretty similar to Tua pui curry mee but this one has more curry dishes in variety.

Raja Uda Famous Curry Mee 5

Raja Uda Famous Curry Mee 6

Raja Uda Famous Curry Mee 7

Pages: 1 2

1. hApPy HaPpY says:

so many curry dishes, it the mee fried or poached? any GPS reference, kind of worth keeping this in my makan list.
    .-= hApPy HaPpY´s last blog ..Exotic Freshwater Fish dishes @ Seri Petaling, Kuala Lumpur =-.

Allie Reply:

Happy Happy,
    The mee is those normal curry mee. Yes. I did put a link to the map and also GPS coordinate too. It’s in the second page. :)

Tried that before and we ordered curry sotong and stingray. It’s not so spicy in mouth but “hot” in tummy. Hehe…
    .-= Little Inbox´s last blog ..Stir-Fried Longevity Noodles ??? =-.

Allie Reply:

Little Inbox,
    Yeah! the tummy will feel so warm in the end of the meal :P and sweating of course!

3. NKOTB says:

Oh, you finally found it… I know CK has been looking for this stall…. those days they were operated opposite of the road which is near to a temple. And that time they only operate if they could have sotong that has eggs….
    So, if you wanna eat that time, it’s so much depending on your luck!!
    .-= NKOTB´s last blog ..Restaurant Pau Kee ???????? =-.

Allie Reply:

NKOTB,
    It’s my uncle who brought me to this place. It’s his favourite. :P
    Yeah! I did have the sotong that has eggs.

4. wah…. this stall is more like a Economy Rice stall…so many options to be chosen for!!!
    .-= modo alimentare´s last blog ..Dim Sum @ Maxim Dim Sum Restaurant, Penang =-.

Allie Reply:

Modo Elimentare,
    It’s definitely providing a wide variety of side dishes considering it’s a curry mee stall. :P

5. I know I may be a bit bias. But Shah Alam Glenmarie’s curry mee is the best!

Allie Reply:

Apple Foodees,
    Oh. I never try Shah Alam Glenmarie curry mee before. But I used to stay at KL last time and I found out the KL curry mee version is different from PG version. :)
    I’d definitely love to try out the Glenmarie curry mee if I have chance!

Wow! So many add on ingredients. This kind of curry mee also available near Lam Wah Ee Hospital housing area there.

Allie Reply:

Email2me,
    Near Lam Wah Ee Hospital housing area also got this kind of curry mee? Oh great! You have any GPS coordinate? Wanna go hunt for it :P

7. taufulou says:

wah..!!!! didnt know can add on like green house hokkien meee..
    i want to goooooo~

Allie Reply:

Taufulou,
    This add ons are much more than green house hokkien mee leh :P

8. MnYfoodtalk says:

Alomak, I miss Penang food sooooo much! :-(
    .-= MnYfoodtalk´s last blog ..Cha Dango ?????? | Japan =-.

Finally see this curry mee. Looks delicious with the add-ons…thanks for sharing this place.
    .-= ck lam´s last blog ..2010 Chinese New Year Feast at Tai Zi Heen in Prince Hotel & Residence Kuala Lumpur =-.