Famous Food in Luo Dong Night Market, Yilan, Taiwan

My trip to Taiwan last month was a great one! We fly to Taipei with Air Asia and landed at Taoyuan Airport. It was on early Dec, therefore the weather is cooling (minimum temperature during our trip was 12 Deg C).

One of the food that make my family members screamed for is Yilan Spring Onion Pancake (Cong You Bing). Yilan is famous for cultivating spring onion, therefore you can imagine how fresh the spring onion can be.

Our driver recommended us this stall for the Cong You Bing; “San Xing“.

Cong You Bing is actually a delicacy which lots of chopped spring onions with some minced meat wrapped underneath a thin layer of dough.

See those freshly chopped spring onions…

The Cong You Bing is then fried on a pan.

And if you want your cong you bing to be spicy, they will sprinkle some chili powder on top of it. Just like the Shilin Crispy Chicken.

A bite into the Cong You Bing reveals a thin layer of crispy and spicy skin with juicy and fragrant spring onions flavoured with minced meat. It tasted awesome!

Although I don’t really like spring onion, but I too got addicted to this cong you bing. :P

Pages: 1 2

Fantastic. I love spring onions. Though I know more than one friend who hates them as equal. :)

Nice shots, Taiwan’s a great place to be snacking non-stop.
    .-= J2Kfm´s last blog ..Top 10 Eats of 2009 =-.

Allie Reply:

J2Kfm,
    You love spring onions? Then I think you’ll like this snack! :)
    I totally agree that Taiwan is a great place for snacking. LOL. snacking non-stop. Heaven for floggers? :P

2. OMG! Iwant to be in taiwan now, so so many yummy food! awesome! can someone fly me to taiwan! :)
    .-= Big Boys Oven´s last blog ..Kok Wei & Ching Yee Wedding Cupcakes Petite Flowers =-.

Allie Reply:

BBO,
    hehe. Faster buy ticket to Taiwan now! :)

3. Taiwanese are a creative lot. Some of their foods are truly one of a kind!
    .-= Apple Foodees´s last blog ..nasi-lemak [Flickr] =-.

Allie Reply:

Apple Foodees,
    Oh yeah! Their snacks are really creative one!

Wah, so long queue for the soup.
    .-= Little Inbox´s last blog ..Xiang Ling Coffee House @ Parkson Ria Sungai Petani =-.

Allie Reply:

Little Inbox,
    Yes. Even after we finished eating our soup, the queue was still long.

5. food-4tots says:

Interesting to see the food served at the night market. How I wish I was there too! ;)
    .-= food-4tots´s last blog ..Caramel popcorn =-.

Allie Reply:

food-4tots,
    Traveling to Taiwan is really fun! :D I wish to go there again.

6. iamthewitch says:

Wah Cong you bing looks really good! I wanna try!
    .-= iamthewitch´s last blog ..House of Tang Chinese New Year Specials =-.

7. very easy to get there only. about 1 hr train ride from taipei, then 5 min walk frm the train station.

i adore the spring onion pancake and angelica lamb soup too. the stinky tofu from the soup place is very good. oh no i miss the food so badly!
    .-= kampungboycitygal´s last blog ..Max Brenner’s Chocolate Bar @ Esplanade Mall, Singapore =-.

Allie Reply:

kampungboycitygal,
    Thanks for the clear info on the directions! :D

8. Polly Y. says:

Is Luodong night market every night?

Allie Reply:

Polly,

9. Bruce says:

Little Inbox,
    Yes. Even after we finished eating our soup, the queue was still long.

10. these dishes are very delicious . this is very good restaurant and it is very famous for making delicious dishes.. so we can add restaurant ..thanks………..