Hawker Food at Cintra Street

Wondering where to have your tea time at Penang? Whenever during weekend, I like to drive to Cintra Street for the Curry Chee Cheong Fun (ccf). When I found out this ccf in year 2008, I’m liking it until now.

The ccf is served with thick chicken curry gravy. I love mine to have some sweet sauce to mix with the curry. This will create a little sweetness in spiciness.

The thick curry gravy is full of curry and coconut juice fragrant. It goes very well with the bland ccf.

When you are at Cintra Street, apart from the curry chee cheung fun you can have chinese dumplings (bah chang), yam cake and tong sui too!

We wanted to have the chinese dumpling (bah chang) that day, but we were told they were sold out! (it was around 4pm that day). So my dear readers, if you would like to try out the bah chang, visit them earlier.

For a dessert lover like me, a bowl of red bean tong sui is perfect for the tea time. They cook the red bean together with mandarin orange peel which added fragrant to the sweet soup.

The yam cake tasted good too! I like the cubes of yam hidden inside the yam cake. It add some texture to the yam cake.

Dip it with sweet and chili sauce, it taste awesome!

Apart from the curry ccf, red bean soup and yam cake, there are more hawker food available at Cintra Street. Refer to What2seeonline for more yummy food!

GPS coordinate for Cintra Street Curry Chee Cheung Fun: N 05° 25′ 06.40″ , E 100° 20′ 01.76″

Click here for map.

1. OMG! I just love those yummy yam cake, I miss my late aunt’s yam cake too :( , CCF sure can sparkle my eyes! wink!
    .-= Big Boys Oven´s last blog ..Chinese New Year Celebration Grand Imperial Bangsar Shopping Centre BSC =-.

Allie Reply:

BB,
    When you back to PG, let’s go for the yam cake and ccf ya ;)

2. my my…that CCF really got my pulse racing! The chic curry is exactly like how i like it! thick & rich
    .-= thenomadGourmand´s last blog ..Bloggers Chilling Out at Kindori, Sunway =-.

Allie Reply:

ThenomadGourmand,
    Yeah! Me too! I like thick and rich curry to go with ccf.

I like your idea of adding some sweet sauce to the curry ccf….looks interesting, will try it out.
    Btw…thanks for the link :)
    .-= ck lam´s last blog ..Dining Promotion in Penang for Valentine & Chinese New Year 2010 =-.

Allie Reply:

CK,
    I hope you’ll like my idea of adding the sweet sauce to curry ccf too. :)

4. food-4tots says:

Citra Street has so many nice food that I like. You make me craving for Penang food now! Jia lat, hungry…… ;)
    .-= food-4tots´s last blog ..Homemade pineapple rolls (pineapple tarts) =-.

Allie Reply:

food-4tots,
    I guess Cintra St is everyone’s favourite ya ;)
    We are spoilt by choices ya :P

5. NKOTB says:

do you notice the entire street of people speaks well cantonese?? :)
    .-= NKOTB´s last blog ..???? Ginger Milk Curd =-.

Allie Reply:

NKOTB,
    You are so right! The ccf aunty speaks cantonese, the porridge aunty also speaks cantonese and the dumplings uncle too!

i am a big fan of yam cake…must try this next time!!! really looks superb!
    .-= SimpleGirl´s last blog ..Popeyes@ MidValley Megamall =-.

Allie Reply:

Simple Girl,
    Hope you like this!

It’s been long long time didn’t have Penang hawker food. Pai seh as a Penangite.
    .-= Little Inbox´s last blog ..Deep Fried Arrowhead Chips =-.

Allie Reply:

Little Inbox,
    It’s because you always have delicious home cooked food. It’s even better right :)

8. Allie says:

550ml jar of faith,
    I totally agree with you on the watery stuff curry ccf, the very bad experience I had the first time I have curry ccf in Penang. Luckily this Cintra St help to erase the bad memory of Penang curry ccf!

Simply love it …. Penang CCF rocks!
    .-= email2me´s last blog ..My Hong Kong and China Gourmet Tour Itinerary With Tour2U Holidays Sdn Bhd =-.

10. wendy says:

I miss curry noodle and yam cake so much!!! Might hv to learn how to make it some day!
    .-= wendy´s last blog ..Pumpkin Toast =-.

11. Jason Wong says:

Will try the curry with sweet sauce, have never thought of that after so many years patronizing the stall.
    .-= Jason Wong´s last blog ..Colors’ of Thaipusum In Penang =-.

12. Shirley says:

Thanks for sharing about curry chee cheong fun, i am aware. Definitely going to try the next time i am there. i simply love the bak chang and yam cakes. really miss them much >> http://mywisewife.com/cintra-food-corner-in-george-town-best-place-for-rice-dumplings-bak-chang-and-yam-cake-or-kuih.html
    .-= Shirley´s last blog ..Home Kitchen Recipe | Deep Fried Spring Rolls (Popiah) =-.