Lang Sae Lee – Jetty Home Cooked Thai Food

When I read about Lang Sae Lee Thai Food in Lingzie‘s blog, I vowed to go there as I love Thai food especially those very spicy which make you sweat!

Lang Sae Lee Thai Food is located by Tan’s Jetty. The dining area is actually situated at the house compound area.

Upon seated, we were  asked to order our drinks. Mdm Lee recommended us to try out her homemade Ribena. Don’t be surprise if you don’t taste any ‘Ribena Taste’ in the drink. It tasted more like sour plum drink. I like the taste of the drink, appetizing and refreshing on a hot sunny afternoon.

The menu is just a simple photo book. Looking at the photo menu already makes me drool.

I remember Lingzie said the fish cake tasted good, so we ordered fish cake too. And yes! The fish cake didn’t disappoint us. It’s full of kaffir leaves fragrant and the cucumber chili sauce goes well with it.

Whenever we eat Thai’s, we’ll definitely order Tom Yam Soup. It’s our favourite.  A small bowl of Red Seafood Tom Yam Soup is just enough for 2 of us. Don’t you get deceive by the look of this bowl of tom yam. A first sip of the soup reveals the perfect level of spiciness and sourness (at least for me and my bf).

We just can’t stop drinking the soup, and the feeling of the warm stomach and the heat makes us sweat from inside is packed with omph! I love this!

Dry Curry Rich in Coconut and Basil Leave is very spicy. The first mouthful of this dish reveals a very heavy taste of kaffir leaves and spices which is a MUST to eat with white rice. When we swallowed it, the spiciness start to attack our throat. It’s a very special sensation.

This version is different from Maa Roy‘s version. Maa Roy’s is so rich in coconut milk. If you ask me which is better, I feel that both has their uniqueness.

And this ended our first meal at Lang Sae Lee.

Pages: 1 2 3

the food and your photography of jetty r simply beautiful….
    .-= SimpleGirl´s last blog ..Popeyes@ MidValley Megamall =-.

Allie Reply:

Simple Girl,
    Thanks and hope you enjoy viewing it! :)

2. hApPy HaPpY says:

Thanks for the tip. I will visit this place. Is it open during CNY.
    .-= hApPy HaPpY´s last blog ..A Dose of Indonesian Padang Foods in Little Jakarta, Kuala Lumpur =-.

Allie Reply:

Happy Happy,
    Maybe you can give them a call earlier to check if they are open during CNY. :)

3. NKOTB says:

haven’t get a chance to visit… :(
    .-= NKOTB´s last blog ..Sesame =-.

Beautiful shots, allie. Even Ken recommended this place when I asked him for recommendations the other day. Maybe someday …
    .-= J2Kfm´s last blog ..Penang Street Food (Part 2) – Chulia Street, Kimberley Street & Lebuh Cecil Market =-.

Allie Reply:

J2Kfm,
    Thanks! I really love the food in this place, if you asked me, I’d recommend to you too :)

I have yet to try….:)
    .-= cariso´s last blog ..D’ Food Garden =-.

6. iamthewitch says:

Oh nice place with nice environment! I’m sure the wait of 45 minutes is not that bad when you have such nice scenery to distract you! ;)
    .-= iamthewitch´s last blog ..If we were in a smaller car… =-.

7. taufulou says:

wahh~ you also wentthere..
    i havent blog about it yet~
    sei loh~
    .-= taufulou´s last blog ..Mardi Gras (New Orleans Style) Valentine’s Dinner Extravaganza Eccucino @ Prince Hotel, KL =-.

8. I just love this place, very authentic with it’s own class! definitely a thumbs up! :)

9. MnYfoodtalk says:

Wau, nice shot, nice place and nice food!
    .-= MnYfoodtalk´s last blog ..Bento Set | Kyoto Station, Japan =-.