A tasty breakfast at Pulau Tikus Market

Seems like it’s been quite sometime I didn’t post about koay teow teng ya :) . If you are a frequent visitor of my blog, you’ll notice that there’s one period that I posted a lot on koay teow teng, that other bloggers gave me a nick name as koay teow teng queen. :P

Browsing thru my koay teow teng post, I realized how I miss the koay teow teng at Pulau Tikus Market. Normally we didn’t really want to go to Pulau Tikus Market area due to the heavy traffic at the market area and it’s very hard to get a parking.

But when we are craving for that particular food so much, the traffic and parking doesn’t really matter, right?

Koay Teow Teng alone is just too plain to serve as our breakfast. :P

So we ordered char koay kak. This char koay kak is good! Full of wok hei and very flavourful.

Comparable with the one at Burmah Road which is selling at night. We always request for more preserved raddish when we order char koay kak. It adds flavour to the plain koay kak.

Here comes my favourite bowl of koay teow teng. I love the peppery soup base, and the fragrant from the coriander leaves. OH! The perfect match!

Mine is always without the fried garlic oil.

My bf is a fishball lover, so he order an additional bowl of fishball soup. The fish ball is quite good, slightly springy and very smooth in texture.

We passed by this roasted pork stall when we enter the place to have koay teow teng. The roasted meat hanging by the stall is so alluring. We really can’t stand any temptation. :P

End up, we bought some char siew (roasted BBQ pork) and siew yuk (roasted pork belly). Both of them tasted equally good. A good breakfast companion. :D

Click here for map and here for direction to the koay teow teng stall as it’s located quite deep into the market.

1. food-4tots says:

When I was a child, I hate KTT. It tasted so bland. But now, I miss it so much. Can’t find any good one here. ;)
    .-= food-4tots´s last blog ..Teriyaki salmon in a parcel (?????? =-.

Allie Reply:

food-4tots,
    If you are coming back during this CNY, you can visit Penang ktt stall :)

Oh yes, your photos tell you how delicious the breakfast was.
    .-= Little Inbox´s last blog ..Pork Jerky Sandwich ????? =-.

Allie Reply:

Little Box,
    They are really delicious!

Do try out the soya bean milk and the kuih from this market area too!
    .-= ck lam´s last blog ..Tho Yuen Chicken Rice Restaurant, Penang =-.

4. iamthewitch says:

Ah I love the char kuey teow at Pulau tikus market! *slurp*
    .-= iamthewitch´s last blog ..My Pampered Hen Night =-.

I hate garlic oil too, always scoop it up. :)
    .-= cariso´s last blog ..D’ Food Garden =-.

6. just look awesome! :)
    .-= Big Boys Oven´s last blog ..Noel & Ee Theng Wedding Reception The Ming Room =-.

7. NKOTB says:

I have not invade into that area, hoping one day I would… :)
    .-= NKOTB´s last blog ..Chin’s Stylish Chinese Cuisine =-.

8. wendy says:

hey Allie, wish you and family happy chinese new year and have a wonderful Valentine’s day too!! Hubby is planning to give me a surprise for CNY and valentine…I am crossing my fingers for it! :-)
    .-= wendy´s last blog ..Pumpkin Toast =-.

9. Gong Hei! Gong Hei! Gong Hei Fatt Choy!

Shall be hoping to recieve Hong Pow from you next year? sure right! lol!
    faster lar!

….from us both Sunny & Sid

Gong Xi Fa Chai to you !
    .-= email2me´s last blog ..Mum’s Seafood Noodle House at Kota Damansara =-.

11. taufulou says:

kiong hi kiong hi 1st..

weii..hoh liau loh..wish that i can have a bowl of that now..
    boi tahan~
    .-= taufulou´s last blog ..Authentic food – Restaurant Hailanese Delights @ Hotel 1926, Penang =-.