Special Lor Mee

When I said ‘Lor Mee‘, I guess you’d imagine thick gravy with some herbs and spices taste bowl of noodle. Today I’d like to write about a special bowl of lor mee.

You can get this ‘special lor mee’ at Kafe Fountain which is located along Carnarvon Street.

The gravy for this special lor mee is much thicker than the normal lor mee. This lor mee is stir fried together with the thick gravy. Yes, you do read correctly. Stir Fried. That’s why I call it ‘special lor mee‘. :P

This lor mee tasted like shark fin soup. It must be due to the vinegar added into it during preparation. The dark thick gravy is cook with egg. There are bits of fish meat, pork and prawn. For RM3.80 you get a big bowl of lor mee.

Other than lor mee, there are other hawker food that you can have here. You can have the char koay teow here too.

This plate of char koay teow is with duck egg. Although it looks very red, but it’s not very spicy. Taste wise, not bad. The only drawback is the ckt is a bit dry.

There are also a stall selling roasted duck, roasted pig (siew yuk and char siew). We ordered a plate with combination of roasted duck and siew yuk.

The roasted duck is too dry. There’s no sauce for us to dip to compensate on the dry meat.

The siew yuk is sinfully good. Not the best I’ve eaten, but good.

Or Chien (Oyster Omelette) tasted good leh! I love this Or Chien due to there’s lots of egg and very less tapioca flour in it.

Click here for map location to Kafe Fountain

GPS coordinate is  N05°25.070′  E100°19.846′

The CKT is without bean sprout?
    .-= Little Inbox´s last blog ..Pumpkin Muffin =-.

Allie Reply:

The ckt without bean sprout is belong to my bf. I still prefer mine with bean sprout.

2. NKOTB says:

loh mee??…. hmmm, what a coincident… i had a bowl this morning. :)
    .-= NKOTB´s last blog ..?????? =-.

I love the lor mee here. :)
    .-= cariso´s last blog ..Demax Restaurant (Food Review) =-.

4. hApPy HaPpY says:

The food here looks good, I would love to try the special lor mee and the siow bak.
    .-= hApPy HaPpY´s last blog ..Work Progressing @ Bakri, Muar =-.

5. wendy says:

This will will be my “to eat list” next trip back to Penang! :-)
    .-= wendy´s last blog ..Kopi "O" and me =-.

6. iamthewitch says:

Oh my the oh chien looks so cute! All round oysters grouped together on top of the plate!
    .-= iamthewitch´s last blog ..My Honeymoon at Maldives – Part 3 =-.

7. lingzie says:

ive been wanting to try out this lor mee for a long time. still haven’t gotten a chance to go yet. the or chien looks good!
    .-= lingzie´s last blog ..Cham’alal Giveaway Winners! =-.

8. looks supreb! definitely a place to crave for! :)
    .-= Big Boys Oven´s last blog ..Charity Line Dance for The Children from The House of Joy at Prince Hotel =-.

9. taufulou says:

wow! the tick soup base of lor mee..i want i want!
    .-= taufulou´s last blog ..Life of Bangladesh Part 1 =-.

10. I didnt knw abt this stall! I alws read abt the Or chien here only ;p Only at night ke?

11. iamthewitch says:

Ah the oh chien is so round and juicy! :)
    .-= iamthewitch´s last blog ..One World Hotel Dim Sum Buffet at Zuan Yuan Restaurant =-.

12. foodbin says:

lovely creamy Or Chien-like it.
    .-= foodbin´s last blog ..Homemade Herbal drink. =-.

13. food-4tots says:

This special lor mee sounds interesting! Is it nice as compared to the normal one? Must check it out when I’m back. ;)
    .-= food-4tots´s last blog ..Onigiri (rice ball) with salmon and cucumber =-.

14. Christy says:

Ohhh, I have heard of this place and their lor mee before since I was kid!! =)
    There is another famous lor mee also along the same street but nearer to the main junction facing Prangin Mall which serves some homemade meat balls; not sure whether they still have that or not =p
    I’ve gotta check that with my uncle! ;)
    .-= Christy´s last blog ..Kajang Satay @ Restoran Malaysia =-.

Never seen this before, though the Or Chien would have tempted me over had I seen it on another table.

16. Steven Goh says:

wao…. I love the lor mee leh. looks very special, but not the char koay teow, see liao also potong steam
    .-= Steven Goh´s last blog ..StevenGoh.com is on JETSTAR Asia Magazine “International Adventures”, April/May =-.