My aunt is good in baking and cooking. She buys lots of cooking books and make reference from there.
One day I came across this new cookbook which teaches on how to bake cheese cakes. Lots and lots of cheese cakes recipe can be found.
I am not a big fan of cheese cake but I like to bake. So my aunt and I decided to bake this mango cheesecake.
She bought some mangoes from market and we are ready to bake a cake.
Before I share the recipe with you, let me show you my result.
Taraa… mango cheesecake by Allie and Aunt:
It’s a chilled cheese cake. The cake texture is very smooth. And the biscuit at the bottom layer is very fragrant. Taste not too sweet. Good comments from my colleagues who gets to eat this cake.
150g digestive biscuit (crushed)
100g melted butter
50g toasted cashewnuts (chopped)
CREAM CHEESE MIXTURE:
500g cream cheese
60g caster sugar
3 tbsp fresh mango puree
1 tbsp lemon juice
250g mango flesh (diced)
200g non dairy whipping cream (whipped)
1 1/2 tbsp gelatine powder, mixed with 4 tbsp water and double-boiled until dissolved
1 tsp gelatine powder, mix with 100ml water, double-boiled until dissolved
2 tbsp fresh mango puree
1. Base: Combine all the ingredients and press into a 9″ round spring form baking tin. Chill in the fridge for 20 minutes or until the base is firmed.
2. Cream cheese mixture: Use a K-beater to beat cream cheese, caster sugar, mango puree until smooth. Add in mango flesh and stir well.
3. Mix in whipped fresh cream in 3 or 4 batches. Lastly add in gelatine mixture and stir well. Pour mixture onto the prepared base.
4. Chill in the fridge for 3 hours.
5. Top layer: Mix mango puree with dissolved gelatine. Pour onto the set cheesecake and return to the fridge to chill overnight. Cut into pieces and serve.
Tips to cut cheesecake: Soak your knife in hot water, wipe the knife dry and cut the cheesecake. You’ll get a nicely cut cheesecake.